Thursday, October 8, 2026

Little Spooks Join My Haunted Home

The moment the calendar flips to October,
My hutch starts calling for a little mischief.
I unpack box after box,
of ghoulish goodies
until the whole hutch is 
bursting at the seams with delightful oddities
and this year, a few irresistible Target
finds have joined the haunted household.
This year, I've added a new little 
character beside my
Haunted House Cookie Jar:
a tiny 4¾'' tall pumpkin man 
I found at Target
for just $5.00!! WHAT?
I must admit, he looks as though
he was made for that house. The ghosts 
are certainly happy to have him as a guest!
He's reminiscent of the pumpkin men 
you'd find on those odd vintage 
Hallowe'en greeting cards,
only a bit less disturbing.
He needed a bit of a boost to reach
the height of the molding around the hutch,
so I improvised will a pill bottle.

Over in the hall bathroom, I added 
another Target find.
You'll spot him next to the 
Bathing Witch picture:

a little skeleton holding a raven.
He was another of Target's five dollar 
Halloween figurines.
I have to laugh at the way his leg bones 
seem to go straight up into his rib cage!?!
Anatomy wasn't necessarily a priority
in the skeleton department.
Still, I thought he'd be right at home here, 
especially since the raven he's holding
matches the one in the Bathing Witch picture.
Remember, it's all about coordinating the décor, 
even in the afterlife
My next Target treasure has found a home
on a shelf in the family room.
This time, it's a black cat perched atop
 a jack-o'-lantern.
I've placed her in front of my 
Beistle die-cut witch house,
and I think her colors compliment this 
modern reproduction beautifully.
who's a precious kitty?
The last of my new characters is 
this sweet little ghost holding a pumpkin.
He looks right at home beneath my 
Jack's Pumpkins, Pick-Your-Own sign.
And wouldn't you know it?
He's picked the perfect pumpkin,
 just his size!
Those are all the characters I brought home, 
but they're certainly not all the 
Halloween goodies Target has to offer.
Take this Grim Reaper, for instance.
He looks downright grim,
as any respectable Grim Reaper should!
Then there's this spooky pair of ghosts 
peeking out from behind a gravestone.
Whatever they're up to, I'm not sure 
I want to know!
Target also offers mini Halloween 
figurine sets for five dollars,
get one here
along with an small line of fall-themed 
figurines at the same price!
How cool it that?
I'm wanting to fill a few more shelves.
So, keep this in mind:
 a quick trip to Target can score you a 
plethora of Halloween gewgaws to fill 
those nooks and crannies in your 
haunted home.
At five dollars apiece, it's awfully 
tempting to bring a few little spooks
home with you!

Thanks for stopping by 
and happy haunting!

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...