Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Another Day, Another Cookie Jar

I have been watching this cookie jar on Ebay forever.
Click here to see more


It's the Spode Christmas Tree Village
Train Station Cookie Jar circa 2002.


It's part of the Christmas Tree village line.
There are always quite a few available on Ebay
at any one time with a wide range of prices.


I would love to have it in my kitchen at Christmas time.
Once one listed with the description 
"Only used as a display in the window of my bakery"
D'awwwww!
Isn't that so charming?  Can you just imagine this little
building sitting in a bake shop window 
as part of a Christmas display?


It makes me want it even more.
Plus it's a train station!
That's one of J.T. Ozark's biggest passions,




Garden Railroading....only I've always been
too afraid to put the trains outside.
Elephants might step on my poor little trains...
They usually end up traveling around
the Christmas tree.


But with this cookie jar, the train theme
can continue on into the kitchen.

I've actually bid on a few in past years,


but the bidding goes over what I'm willing to pay
after factoring in the hefty shipping total.

I've just bid on one again today!
So wish me luck. 
Maybe I will have one in my imaginary
bakery window in time for Christmas. 

12/2/2011 UPDATE:
I WON!
There were no competing bidders!
I got it for $9.99 plus $16 shipping!
HOW AWESOME IT THAT?
CAN I GET A WHOOP WHOOP?

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...