Friday, October 16, 2020

Halloween Accoutrement

 Happy Halloween everybody!
What a year it has been!
I'm really glad Halloween is here.
This year we gave the wreath Samantha and I 
designed years ago a slight touch up.
Sam made a brand new bow.
and I replaced the old raffia pumpkin 
with a cloth covered one we found at Walmart.
The old bow and pumpkin were really badly faded by the sun.
When picking out new, we made sure to 
retain the look of homemade country craft. 






Even though all the original elements came
from Michael's.
Here's a cool sign we found last year 
at Joanne's on clearance.
It fits right in to our country inspired 
kitchen and familyroom.
Let's head over to the kitchen table.
I didn't put out the tablescape this year
on account of our grandson needing the table
for online schooling when he would stay over. 
I kept it simple,
with just a center vignette.
This year I found some fun candy suckers at the dollar store.
Green sour apple flavored witch fingers.
I just love the red painted fingernail.
I also picked up some sugar sticks at Burlington.
Did you know they were imported from South Africa?
I guess they could be considered an exotic import.
As we zoom around the display we find the white rat
candleholder from the Ganz "Oh Rats!" collection.
He's holding one of the skeleton candles from a set 
my mom bought me in the 1970's.
I found these old orange cookie cutters at the bottom of a drawer
I recently cleaned out so I added them to the display.
Now we come to an Item I have been after for 13 years.
This adorable little witch frog candy jar.
I saw her on Ghoulgallery.com back in 2008.
Pacific Rim Vintage Look Frog Candy Box 
I decided I wanted her in 2011. 
When I placed the order 
it wasn't long before Tom Geil, 
the proprietor of Ghoul Gallery,
wrote back explaining 
he couldn't find the little frogs.  
They weren't in the warehouse where
 they were supposed to be, so he assumed 
they must be sold out.
We worked out a deal for the 
Dept 56 Party Crow with 
Corn Candle Holders instead.
 I was happy but still wanted that frog
and would search for him from time to time
on the web and ebay.
Well fast forward to 2020
Tom announces on Instagram that
he wants to begin winding down his 30 year business.
He is cleaning out his 10 warehouses
and putting his long forgotten inventory on Ebay.
Lo and behold he listed the frogs!!!

I wrote to Tom exclaiming "Remember me?"
"I'm still interested!"
He sold me one of the frogs through his
GG company, saving the Ebay fees and
working out the 2008 price I would have paid.
And here she sits today!
Tom gave me a little history on the frog.
It was produced by Pacific Rim in 2006, 
Their final year in business.  It was part if a line
of vintage looking little Halloween items.
I think the little frog fits in just swell 
with my witch's vignette.
This year we added a few furniture pieces
to our family room
The Odem end table in gray from Alcott Hill on Wayfair.
It was 26'' wide, perfect for displaying collectables.
Wayfair really does "Got What I Want!" at $197.99

source
We also found a great little blue recliner 
at Sam's Club. 
The Olivia leather pushback recliner for $379.
get one here

With the familyroom freshly painted 
and rearranged with new furniture 
it was time to decorate!
Samantha and I found some cool
 "Claydough" Halloween houses
at "At Home"
The Battery Operated Candy Corn House,
at $19.99,
I really looks like a gingerbread house decorated
with icing and little cookie ghosts.

There's a cute one popping out of the chimney!
And the R.I.P. Skeleton house, 
It is even bigger for $49.99
It even has a yard and fence going around it.
Love that little Skeleton cookie man.

This little Boo Witch Candy Jar from Fitz and Floyd 
found a place on the new table too.

Now the the green cabinet across the room
We've added a few more salt and pepper sets to the 
Ozark Halloween Collection.
These Dia De Los Muertos Skull shakers are 
from Disney's Beautiful Movie Coco by Ensco.
Best of all they're reversible!
Blue on one side, deep orange on the other!
Pink on one side,
light orange on the other!
Sam also gave me these Halloween cupcake shakers 
last year after Halloween, so this is the first year I get to
display them.
Now I want some cupcakes!
Smith's here I come!
Thanks for stopping by and 
Happy Haunting!

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...