Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Not a Creature was Stirring, Except, the Mouse

I found it!
Back in December 2017 I decided I needed
a toothpick holder on the Christmas hutch buffet.
That decision materialized because I stumbled 
across a Hallmark picture of their 
reindeer toothpick holder...
I ran right down there to buy one for $9.99
The clerk informed me they had sold out
last month and wouldn't be getting anymore in.

That started my hunt on the world wide web
for cute Christmas toothpick holders.
I then came across the cutest little
mouse and pinecone toothpick holder
picture.  It was only a picture.
Someone had arranged it in among 
pine branches and powdered snow.
No info on the actual holder, just a
 charming picture.  
Which I can no longer find today.
But it looked a little like this.
I clipped it together from memory.

But I would search and search 
off and on for a few years
with key words just to see if it would 
pop up for sale sometime.
Last week I typed in Mouse Pinecone
and this popped up!
from Ebay 2 for $12.90 + $5.85 Shipping!
In two days they arrived!
A perfect little toothpick holder, and a spare!
The little gold sticker on the bottom says Japan
but no makers mark.
But he could be vintage, does Japan even
make little ceramic things anymore?
In my search I also discovered
a mug and a bell were produced



as well as salt and pepper shakers
ebay image

So it really was a cute little line.

Next, I needed toothpicks!
A quick trip to Walmart netted me
Now he's all dressed up and ready to serve!
A tiny little detail,
....
on a great big hutch!
Thanks for stopping by
and happy hunting!



No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...