Thursday, October 10, 2024

A Ominous Presence On The Halloween Hutch

As Halloween 2024 draws near, I was
preparing my hutch to celebrate the 
festive spirit of the season! 
Suddenly, out of nowhere, an eerie mist 
creeps into the dining room, 
swirling itself around the hutch.
The air is filled with the 
fluttering sound of bat wings 
and the clinking of collectables.
As the mist quickly dissipates, 
I begin to see something unfamiliar 
now resting on the hutch.
Drawing closer, I notice a dark aristocratic 
figure, radiating both a menacing allure 
and refined elegance, 
seated atop one of the shelves.
With a grin, his sharp fangs emerge, 
unmistakably marking him as  
Count Dracula, the Prince of Darkness.
Actually he's my Royal Doulton Character Jug, 
"Count Dracula" circa 1997.  
He was a costly $179.99 inclusion 
in my Easter basket.  
Read about him in my post here.
I'm really impressed by his incredible detail.
I think he's definitely a fitting addition 
to the Ozark Halloween menagerie. 

As I stand there mesmerized 
by the count's gaze,
a chilling sensation climbs my spine,
an unsettling presence seems to linger
on the dining table
I quickly turn to inspect the display.
At first glance, everything seems in place,
suddenly with a playful "BOO",
 a small specter reveals itself 
among the creepy collectables.
It's a ghost pitcher!
He's from last year's Target 
Threshold line listed at $15.
source Target.com
source Ebay
I discovered him this year on Ebay 
at twice the price!
Even so, I'm happy I found him!
He adds a dash of  whimsical fright to my 
table arrangement.  
However, I doubt he will scare anyone,
he's just too adorable.

Thanks for stopping by
and happy haunting!

 

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...