Thursday, December 13, 2012

Big Headed Radko Santa

Look what I ordered this week...
He's a Radko "Sleepytime Santa" salt and pepper set,
from the retired 2006 "Home for the Holidays" line.
 The cool thing about this set is
Radko's inspiration came from a 1959 design
by Holt-Howard

eBay image

eBay image
The Holt-Howard set is magnetic,
eBay image
see the little magnet on Santa's sack?
He has a magnet on his elbow as well.
Get this one on ETSY for $222.40
Radko's is not magnetic, plus he didn't 
keep the sack.  
He opted for stacked presents,
eBay image
which adds a lot more color and interest
with all the detailed gift wrap.
That idea came from another 
Holt-Howard magnetic
salt and pepper set
Santa sitting on gift wrapped presents.
This time he is awake 
and handing out gifts.
The gift wrap has a bit of detail, 
but still not a lot of color.
See the little magnet on Santa's bottom?
Still a cool design.
I can see why Radko chose this design
to recreate.

Whether vintage...

eBay image
or brand new
eBay image
This big headed Santa
sure packs on the charm.


Radko didn't stop with just a salt and 
pepper shaker,
he designed a cookie jar too

image source
with even a bigger head!

Then there's the "Sweets Platter",
It's just a massive head!

They're both very delightful...very 60's retro,
But I'm just going for the salt and pepper set.
eBay image
I can hardly wait till this little guy is napping
in my Christmas hutch.

The END!
eBay image 
Thanks for visiting!
Happy Hunting!

UPDATE:
I was right!  He looks right at home
snoozing away on my shelf
Shhhhhhhh!  Do not disturb Santa,
he's got a busy night ahead of him.
Merry Christmas!

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Oh, good for you! This little CR salt and pepper is so darling! I love the Retro look. Thank you so much for popping in to see me with your comments about my little houses. If you want to, you could go back to my blog and scroll down a few post and see the 'real' glitter houses I made.
Thanks again for popping in to see me.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...