Thursday, October 10, 2013

Festooning The Walls With Halloween

When Autumn arrives, I deck the walls with garland
full of fall leaves and berries.
It's the same 13 year old garland we bought
to decorate the tables at
our wedding reception in October 2000.
It breaks in a new place every year so I use
green floriest wire to mend it back together.
 
During October, it easily turns more festive
when I use ornament hooks to hang retro
Halloween die cut decorations
from the swags.
It really adds a great pop of color,
and saves on tape!
 I fell for this Cat and Jack O' Lantern garland
 after seeing it on Pumpkin Rot's Blog
as one of his HomeGoods finds.
I was thrilled to have found one for myself
at T.J.Maxx a year later!
 
It's made of quilted felt and really quite nice.
Speaking of HomeGoods,
Sam and I found this great Owl vase there
during the summer.
I thought instantly of putting it up on the
pot shelf at Halloween.
Because Sam won't let me
buy something if I don't have a
good place figured out for it to go.
I can't believe how great its color matched
the smiling cat sign that I've had for years.
 
Hope you're having a great Halloween season.
 
Thanks for popping in
and
Happy Haunting!
 
Linking today at
the Tablescaper's
 

1 comment :

The Tablescaper said...

Love your festiveness! So wonderful.

It's a treat to have you at Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...