Wednesday, October 16, 2013

A Few More Halloween Collectibles

One last corner of my living room 
that I haven't shown yet this Halloween,
is the console table behind the sofa.
 As we look past Cher to the small spooky
vignette under the World Market India umbrella, 
we see a collection of Halloween gimcracks 
that I jumbled together in a desperate attempt
to find a place for everything.
First we have a Fitz and Floyd Witch candy jar 
from their "Boo" collection circa 2010

I found her two years ago 
at HomeGoods for only $5.99!  
How lucky was that? 
The bargain goblins must have taken pity on me.

Next to the witch is the red mercury glass owl, 
Sam and I went nuts last year collecting 
a bunch of different colors at HomeGoods,
a parliament of red, orange, gold, and brown.
The lantern of jacks behind the owl, I found at 
Target many years ago.  
It holds a tea light candle 
to burn on dark Halloween nights.

The gem of this collection is by far,
the paper mache skeleton candy container
I found on Ebay.
By Bruce Elsass for Bethany Lowe.
He's quite a sight at 9½'' tall with an
 area in his rib cage to hold sweet treats.
Bethany Lowe catalog image
With his nifty hat and mask 
he's ready to party!
I adore many of Bruce Elsass's creations,
he's very talented and such a character.
That's him at Boofest '09 with his artist pals 
Joanna Parker, Dee Foust, and Vergie Lightfoot.
This is the first year I put the skeleton in the
living room,
and I think he looks right at home
among his new friends.
Thanks for stopping by
and Happy Haunting!

1 comment :

Nita Stacy said...

Well, first of all it was hard for me to get past the beauty that is Cher to even look at your Halloween things. She is soooo pretty! Great stuff. I love that red owl. I've seen those in several colors this year at Homegoods and BigLots and was very tempted but I stayed focused and only bought pumpkins.

I love love love that skeleton! He is great. I'd love him in my haunted house.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...